Terms of Service/Security Policy
Terms of Service
By using the Schoolchapters.com website (“Service”), a service of SchoolChapters, Inc., (“SchoolChapters, Inc.”), you are agreeing to be bound
by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
SchoolChapters, Inc. reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that
augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use
of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of
Service at any time at: https://www.schoolchapters.com/terms.html
- No accounts may be created by automated methods, including, but not limited to, bots.
- You must accurately provide your full legal name and a valid email address to open an account with Service
- Each login will correlate to only one user.
- We advise that you do not pass out or share your login and password with others. You are responsible for keeping your account login and
password private. SchoolChapters, Inc. cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from your failure to comply with this
security suggestion to protect the privacy of your account.
- You are solely responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account, (even when including Content that is posted by
others who have accounts under your account), and content that is posted by others using your account (collectively, the “Content”).
- You must not misrepresent yourself or take on the identity of someone else while using the Service.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your
jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws). While SchoolChapters, Inc. prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you
understand and agree that SchoolChapters, Inc. cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to
such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- By signing up for the SCHOOLCHAPTERS software designed for programs undergoing NAEYC accreditation (SCHOOLCHAPTERS CLP, PRP or Premium),
you hereby confirm that you are undergoing accreditation and are able to demonstrate proof that you are currently undergoing accreditation by the
National Association for the Education of Young Children.
Violation of any of these agreements may result in the termination of your Account and potential legal action.
- All accounts created in SchoolChapters, Inc are available only with a username and password.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts
information you input when signing on, uploading and downloading content to and from SchoolChapters.com
- Authorized school administrators have access to reset their passwords and create accounts for teachers.
- Teachers need to make the request to the administrator or directly to SchoolChapters.
- We employ multiple techniques to protect the integrity of account information
- No data is stored directly with student names in the SchoolChapters system
- SchoolChapters does not share any information or content with third parties.
- Additional questions about the SchoolChapters security policy can be directed to email@example.com
- Payment via check or credit card to SchoolChapters will be required to use the Service.
- SchoolChapters, Inc. is committed to making great products. If you are displeased with your product you will have 30 days to return the item
for a full refund excluding shipping charges and taxes where applicable
- All charges are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such
taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
Cancellation and Termination
- You may cancel your subscription to the Service at any time by sending a request for cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be refunded for the full amount of the Service should you cancel your
account within 30 days of establishing the account. No refunds will be provided should you cancel your account 30 or more days after the account
- All of your Content (text and files) will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. This information cannot be recovered
once your account is cancelled.
- SchoolChapters, Inc., in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use
of the Service, or any other SchoolChapters, Inc. service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the
deactivation or deletion of your Account or and your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your
Account. SchoolChapters, Inc. reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
SchoolChapters, Inc. reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or
any part thereof) with or without notice.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- SchoolChapters, Inc. respects the copyrights, real and implied, of photographers, artists and/or other copyright holders. SchoolChapters,
Inc. will not knowingly print and/or distribute images without the consent of the creator or owner of the copyrights.
- Since SchoolChapters, Inc. cannot research every image transmitted to us or printed by us, it is the sole responsibility of the customer to
ensure they have the necessary authorizations and/or permissions to use the images.
- SchoolChapters, Inc. makes no claim of ownership to any images uploaded to our servers by our customers. They are the sole property of the
- You hold the Service and SchoolChapters, Inc. harmless, and shall assume all liabilities that may occur, should a claim be brought against
SchoolChapters, Inc. for use of these images that are posted on your account.
- It is a violation of your agreement with SchoolChapters, Inc. to use photo albums for anything other than creating your online electronic
portfolio, purchasing products and managing photos through our shared albums.
- By using SCHOOLCHAPTERS CLP, PRP and Premium for Accreditation software you understand that SCHOOLCHAPTERS CLP, PRP and Premium for
Accreditation are tools to manage and track accreditation evidence. Use of these services in no way ensures that you will be accredited by
accrediting agencies, including but not limited to the National Association for the Education of Young Children. (NAEYC)
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to account holders and is only available via email and telephone. (We commit to respond to all inquiries
within 24 hours)
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service,
SchoolChapters, or any other SchoolChapters, Inc. service.
- All code is copyright of SchoolChapters, Inc.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, computer code that
powers the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by SchoolChapters, Inc.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful,
offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or
these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any SchoolChapters, Inc. customer, employee, member,
or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and
- transmissions over various networks; and
- changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage exceeds 300 MB/month, or significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by SchoolChapters,
Inc.) of other SchoolChapters, Inc. customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you
can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- SchoolChapters, Inc. does not warrant that
- the Service will meet your specific requirements,
- the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, or
- any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that SchoolChapters, Inc. shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential
or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if
SchoolChapters, Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
- the use or the inability to use the Service;
- the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or
messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service;
- unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data;
- statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; or
- any other matter relating to the Service.
- The failure of SchoolChapters, Inc. to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of
such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and SchoolChapters, Inc. and govern your use of the
Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and SchoolChapters, Inc. (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to email@example.com.